College Prep Checklist:March into Spring Break
Wow! Time is flying!
A few weeks ago- we shared a blog on 7 tips to survive your spring break college visits. And now it’s almost time to use those tips.
We want you to remember to have fun on this trip and gather the information you need. Remember, it’s not all about the facts or the things the school is known for, it’s also about how you feel while you are on the trip.
What’s your first impression? What do you see? Is it different than what you expected?
Check out all areas of the campus. The tours are specifically designed to show you the highlights. Look at the rec center, all dining halls, residence halls, the library, and things to do around campus. What are their local attractions? What do students do on weekends around town?
This could potentially be your home for the next four years. Be sure you look at all areas, even the ones that you’re not initially attracted to.
While you enjoy your spring break, don’t forget about our college prep checklist.
Here’s our tips for this month.
- How did you do on your SAT/ACT? Or have you not signed up yet?
- Remember: SAT test dates include March 10th, May 5th, and June 2nd. ACT test dates include April 14th, June 9th, and July 14th.
- Do you feel confident about taking the test? Do you need to improve your score?
- Call us 713-871-1048. We offer test preparation specifically customized to help you.
- Recap our 7 tips to survive your spring break college visits blog. One week left!
- Bonus tip: Don’t forget any unexpected essentials i.e. sun block, umbrella, snacks.
- After your college visits, add a list of pros and cons to each school.
- Rank your schools!
- Write a letter to your top 3 teachers. Ask if they’d be willing to write you a letter of recommendation in the fall.
- Letting teachers know in advance really shows them you care. Plan ahead of the curve.
See you all in April for more college prep tips and next week for a new blog.