The Academic Parent Presentation has been rescheduled. An email will go out with the new time and date.
Firat Education is honored to support the Houston Dynamo FC Academy Pre-Professional student soccer players. The mission of the partnership between the Houston Dynamo FC Academy and Firat Education is to build upon the culture of soccer development with the culture of academic development.
The vision of the future is to provide student players at the Houston Dynamo FC Academy an academic + soccer experience found nowhere else in the MLS by having in-house, top-notch curriculum and experienced faculty who will hold student players to unparalleled academic standards.
Firat Education’s partnership consists of open labs, player check-ins, monthly workshops and semesterly assessments to measure progress and identify needs.
Firat Education will be providing the high school pre-pro players two tests throughout the school year. The student’s grade level will determine which test will be used. The assessment will help us:
- Identify weaknesses in academic content for the Firat Education/Dynamo Academy open labs.
- Identify weaknesses and communicate these to parents and players to seek additional support from their online programs.
- Measure progress and success of the students.
- Provide practice for upcoming standardized testing for college admissions
Ibrahim Firat, Chief Educational Consultant of Firat Education, Co-Founder of Nexus Futbol Academy, a soccer school in Houston, and a soccer dad and fan will be leading the partnership with the Houston Dynamo FC Academy.
He will be overseeing the academic plans and progress of the pre-professional students, assigning teachers for open labs as they align with the needs of the students, and personally conducting workshops for the students to prepare them for college and the future.
Facts about Ibrahim:
- 16 years in educational consulting
- 14 years with Firat Education
- President of the Board of Directors, Independent Educational Consultants Association
- Member, National Association of College Admissions Counseling
- Over 14,000 hrs of consulting for college admissions
- Over 10,000 hrs of tutoring for SAT and/or ACT
- 8 books published
- Over 1000 college acceptances
- 38 Ivy acceptances
- 14 international acceptances
- Visited over 290 colleges
- Over $90 mil in total merit-based scholarship