How’s Your College Prep Checklist Going?
Unlike popular belief and practice, March is not the time to rest. It really should be regarded as the beginning of the college application process for juniors and the beginning of the test preparation process for sophomores. The more you spread out the college admissions process throughout the years and months of high school, the easier it will be when you start applying in your senior year.
Here’s your March checklist:
• Take the SAT on Saturday, March 11th
• If you’re not ready to take the SAT, register for our FREE 2nd SATurday practice test on March 11 at Firat Education to prepare for the official test.
• Register for the April 8th ACT
• Start researching jobs or internships for the summer
• Continue building the first draft of your college resume
• Juniors: speak to your counselor and teachers about college application recommendation letters
• Visit colleges during Spring Break
• Register for career-oriented summer programs for high school students
• Do your research about the Common Application, Coalition Application, Apply Texas, and Universal Application for college admissions, and see which one or two applications you can use for most of your applications.
For more customized help with college preparation, please call us or email us! Our professionals develop and execute a customized plan for each student that aligns school academics, standardized testing, and college counseling with college and career goals.