Now Hiring Junior and Senior College Admissions Consultants in any location:
Firat Education is a successful 11 year old educational consulting company physically located in Houston that provides a variety of educational services to families nationally and internationally. We serve families with children between the ages of preschool through college with customized, one-on-one college counseling, test preparation, academic tutoring, and school placement.
Firat Education is growing by adding more Associate College Admissions Consultants to the team. If you’ve always wanted to be an independent college admissions consultant and work with students one-on-one, apply to join the team! Owners Ibrahim and Josephine Firat are experienced entrepreneurs, who have worked with hundreds of small business owners throughout the country through Babson’s Executive Education program. They are looking to hire educators who have always wanted to be entrepreneurs but are not sure how.
We’re looking for experienced College Admissions Consultants who are looking to work with students and families one-on-one with the college admissions process. This is the perfect position for any educational consultant looking to start his or her own business but not sure how. This position allows an educational consultant to have control over his or her own schedule, grow the business at his or her own pace, but all with the support of Firat Education’s mentoring and administrative/process support.
Our innovative processes, administrative support, and training allow for success. You will be directly responsible for your own lead generation, acquisition, and sales. We will depend on you to maintain the brand of Firat Education and help us in our mission.
This position is flexible in hours and flexible in work location.
- Meet with students and families (in person or via online) to create their personalized College Prep timeline, no matter when they enter Firat Education.
- Advise and support students and parents during the implementation of their college prep timeline.
- Work with the Firat Education tutors and Client Relations team to ensure testing and academics are on track.
- College admissions and counseling continuing education to stay current with the industry and trends.
- Generate college counseling leads with support of Firat Education
- Represent Firat Education at events, functions, speaking engagements, and schools as needed and/or to generate sales.
Required Experience and Skills
- Entrepreneurial thought and action. We are looking for a candidate who is a self-starter and self-motivated. While the college counselor will be supported with administration, standard operating processes, and best practices, Firat Education is an entrepreneurial, innovative environment requiring each team member to generate and implement new ideas with minimal supervision.
- BA/BS or advanced degree • At least 3 years of college advising, school counseling, or similar experience. • Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Extremely familiar with technology (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PPT, Apple, Google Calendar, Google Drive, Webex, Zoom, Basecamp, Gmail…etc)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, amiable personality.
- Meets all the requirements to become an Associate Member of the Independent Educational Consultants Association.
- Excellent time management, detail oriented, results-oriented and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work evenings and weekends. We work when the students are not in school. The job is not 9-5.
- It is preferable that the candidate have sales, marketing, business experience development experience.
Compensation is commensurate with experience. This position is a W-2 employee part-time position and the hours are all dependent on the candidate’s drive for more hours.
The pay is commission based and translates into $75-$100 per contact hour.
Job Types: Part-time, Commission
Salary: $75.00 to $100.00 /hour
If you are interested, please apply here.