Start Your New Year with these 10 College Prep Tips
New year, new goals! January is the perfect month to state your goals and come up with a game plan. College applications can be complicated and time consuming, but don’t stress.
Follow our January College Prep Checklist to get you started on the right track:
- Put together a list of schools in which you’re interested: Firat Education offers college counseling if you’re having any challenges.
- Research your application requirements: Essays, SAT/ACT Scores, recommendation letters, resume, etc.
- Start brainstorming on who to ask for recommendation letters when the time comes.
- Start making plans to visit colleges in March during spring break: Book your tours early as space is extremely limited, but rest assured, visiting the school ahead of time will be a gamechanger in finding the right fit.
- Visit College Board and ACT Student for all official SAT and ACT registration deadlines: SAT test dates include March 10th, May 5th, and June 2nd; ACT test dates include February 10th and April 14th.
- Look at testing dates in the near future: We recommend taking the official test at least twice in your junior year and once in senior year, if needed.
- Take a FREE SAT/ACT here with us during our 2nd SATurday program: Our next 2nd SATurday is January 13th! Register and find out more information here.
- If you don’t feel prepared for these tests, contact us! In our initial education assessment, we’ll organize a custom plan specifically designed to help YOU reach your goals!
- Do your research about the different application systems used for college applications i.e. Common Application, Coalition Application, Apply Texas, and Universal Application.
- Follow us on social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram) in order to see more blog posts, reminders, study tips, and more!
Remember: in addition to test prep, Firat Education also offers other services such as college counseling, school placement, and academic coaching. We strive to make your journey to college as stress free as possible.
We wish you the best luck in 2018!